NATIONAL OATMEAL MONTH
In January, National Oatmeal Month declares it’s possible to create healthy changes with this grain. Celebrate all month long by incorporating oatmeal in your breakfast and snacks. We will show you how!
Oatmeal has earned a reputation for being heart healthy and soothing itchy skin. Beyond several other possible health benefits, steel cut oats add a nutty flavor and texture to your meal. If you’re looking for a softer and quicker cook to your oats, rolled oats cook almost instantly!
- Add steel cut oats, fresh fruit, and nuts to yogurt.
- Whip up some instant oatmeal and add a tablespoon of peanut butter and dried fruit.
- Mix together 1 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup ground flax seed, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 1/3 cup honey, and 1 tablespoon chia seeds. Roll into 1 inch balls and store in the refrigerator or freezer. They make excellent mid-day snacks and are packed with protein, low in sugar, and when you choose a natural peanut butter or powdered peanut butter, has no cholesterol.
- Granola comes in a variety of combinations. Don’t hesitate to mix up your granola. Try a spicy blend or a tropical version.
- Baked oatmeal offers a hot breakfast option that can be made ahead of time and reheated as needed. Customize it to fit your family’s needs. Try one from our recipes.
- Add oats to thicken your soups and a nutty flavor.
- Layer yogurt, fruit, and granola for a fun parfait.
- Celebrate National Oatmeal Muffin Day on December 19!
HOW TO OBSERVE
Share your favorite oatmeal recipes and tips. Use #NationalOatmealMonth to share on social media.
We were unable to identify the source of National Oatmeal Month.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!