NATIONAL MOVING MONTH
May kicks off the busiest moving season of the year when home sales begin to rise throughout the summer months. That’s why it’s also National Moving Month!
Moving can be more than a hassle, it can be a frightening proposition. Regardless of the size and distance, you want to protect your possessions and family. Either way, moving can be an adventure, too. New home, new places to explore. We expand our horizons and make connections. The possibilities are endless.
There are ways to make moving less of a hassle and more of an escapade. By checking resources, making a few lists and delegating responsibility, the goal is to get everything to your new home in one piece, peacefully.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Follow these great tips and have a safe and successful move!
- When selecting a mover, be sure to get more than one estimate and ask for recommendations. Make sure their estimates are in writing, too.
- Find out more about hiring a mover at www.moving.org.
- Have a garage sale to help eliminate what shouldn’t be moved then donate the rest.
- Make a checklist of each service to transfer.
- Update your mailing address with family, friends and the post office.
- Give each room a different colored marker for labeling boxes.
- On the day of the move, have a go-bag and cooler ready. Fill with one with essentials such as a change of clothes, first aid, emergency information, and medications. In the cooler, have beverages and snacks to keep everyone fueled.
- Visit www.updater.com for more great moving tips.
Use #NationalMovingMonth to post on social media.
Allied declared National Moving Month in 1997.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!