NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY
On February 20th, pet lovers everywhere observe National Love Your Pet Day. This holiday focuses on giving extra attention to our pets. The day encourages pampering our pets and focusing on the special relationship pets hold in our lives.
Click play below to hear the story on why we celebrate National Love Your Pet Day.
Did you know that most households in the United States have at least one pet? While there are more cats than dogs in the United States, more households have dogs than cats, but not by much. Pets are not limited to the canine and feline categories. There are quite a few who prefer the companionship of birds, reptiles, fish or rats. Whoever your pet companion is, we are sure you will enjoy spending a little extra time with them on National Love Your Pet Day and reap the benefits, as well such as stress relief and lower blood pressure. So on February 20 (and every day) show your appreciation to your pets!
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalLoveYourPetDay
Bring your pet a special treat, take an extra-long walk or give them more attention. Other ideas include:
- Check that their vaccines are up to date.
- Watch a pet video with them full of cats, dogs and other critters.
- Give them a few extra strokes with the brush while grooming.
- Practice their favorite commands – sit, shake, rollover.
- Play their favorite game or bring out their best toy.
- Inspect their toys to make sure they’re in good shape. Throw out any broken toys.
- Wash their bedding, even if it’s not their laundry day. Let them fluff it up just the way they like it.
Whatever you decide to do, spoil and appreciate your pets! Use #NationalLoveYourPetDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this pet-friendly day. While we do, we don’t mind if we snuggle an extra minute with our furry friends, too!
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!