NATIONAL LIBRARY LOVER’S MONTH
National Library Lover’s Month in February is dedicated to the people who love whole buildings devoted to reading, housing, organizing, categorizing, finding, studying, and otherwise loving books.
Libraries provide so much more than a place for us to enjoy great novels or to discover amazing adventures and untold history. Yes, they help us ace our research papers and provide a quiet space to study. However, they do so much more.
- Libraries provide educational entertainment for preschoolers. They offer theatre, activities, music, art, and friendship.
- Many communities rely on their libraries for meeting space for public forums, socials, fundraisers, and classes.
- They provide resources for researching family and community heritage.
- Libraries lend other media like movies and music.
- They offer digital resources for the entire community to use.
Libraries also provide rotating art displays give local artists exposure to the community. Larger libraries provide preservation services, preserving some of the most treasured books, periodicals, and documents for future generations.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalLibraryLoversMnth
Continue enjoying your library, but consider volunteering your time, too. If you don’t have a library card, it’s never too late! Visit your library to get one! Other ways to celebrate National Library Lover’s Month include:
- Making a list of libraries you would love to explore.
- Writing a story about being trapped in a library.
- Giving a shout-out to your favorite library.
- Creating a list of books to check out from the library.
- Helping someone obtain their library card.
You can also explore these 8 Unique Libraries in the United States.
Use #NationalLibraryLoversDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL LIBRARY LOVER’S MONTH HISTORY
Within our research, we were unable to identify the founder of National Libary Lover’s Month.