NATIONAL FRAPPE DAY
- Frappe coffee – a blended coffee beverage
- A frozen fruit-flavored dessert made with shaved ice
- A milkshake
- Any blended frozen beverage, including a more savory drink made with clam juice
Recipes for coffee frappes can be found in the late 1890s. These blended beverages refreshed and delighted. Adding cream gave the beverages a smoother texture. Even a blended, frozen tea on a warm day took on a whole new flavor.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalFrappeDay
If you missed National Coffee Day, make up for it with this celebration. Stop by your favorite coffee shop and enjoy a Frappe with a friend. Or, enjoy one of the recipes below.
Use #NationalFrappeDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL FRAPPE DAY HISTORY
Q. Will a frappe give you brain freeze?
A. It can if you drink it fast enough, a frappe can give you brain freeze. Though, some people never experience brain freeze. At least, that’s what we heard. We don’t understand it.
Q. What are some ways to stop brain freeze?
A. Brain freeze is a temporary discomfort from drinking icy cold liquids too fast. Here are a couple of suggestions to help you alleviate that discomfort.
- Put down the drink.
- Sip from a warmer liquid.
- If a warmer liquid isn’t available, press your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your hand. Breath through your nose. This allows warmer air to circulate through your sinus passages.
- Return to drinking your frappe at a slower pace.
Q. What is the difference between a frappe and an iced coffee?
A. A frappe is blended while iced coffee is not. However, both are cold and fabulous!