NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS DAY
National Employee Benefits Day takes place in April each year and recognizes the administrators, personnel, trustees, and advisors who dedicate their services to providing the best benefits packages possible.
These teams make sure employees have available a wide variety of benefits. From enhanced tools to packages full of financial planning and health care services, they guide employers and employees through their benefits. It’s an excellent time to evaluate the value of your benefits package and consider how you’ve maximized every resource available.
The day provides many resources for benefits professionals to explore the tools and packages available to employees and employers. It’s also an opportunity to remain informed about the needs of a variety of employers in a changing world. From short to long-term disability, wellness and nutrition, mental wellness and mindfulness, healthcare, and more, the Employee Benefits Day helps these specialists pinpoint areas of service need.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalEmployeeBenefitsDay
- Recognize the people responsible for outstanding benefits and take time to take stock of the benefits you have.
- Professionals, take the opportunity to participate in webinars, listen to podcasts or read blogs about the latest toolkits and benefits.
- Share your experiences and insights into the benefits you’re looking forward to seeing.
- Use #NationalEmployeeBenefitsDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS DAY HISTORY
International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans founded National Employee Benefits Day in 2004.
April 5, 2022
Employee Benefits FAQ
Q. What kinds of benefits do employees receive?
A. Benefits range from employer to employer. Some benefits might include:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Health, dental and/or vision insurance
- Retirement plans like pensions and 401k
- Discounts for frequently used services like fitness centers, cellular devices, and travel
- Long and short term disability benefits
- Childcare support
- Flexible schedules
- Remote work options
Q. How do I know what benefits my employer offers?
A. The human resources department in medium and large businesses inform employees of their benefits and how to access them. Benefits are also included in employee handbooks and annual notifications are usually issued via email or mail.