NATIONAL EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION DAY
National Employee Appreciation Day is observed annually on the first Friday in March. This day was created as a way of focusing the attention of all the employers in all industries on employee recognition. Businesses and organizations plan celebrations across the country recognizing the achievements and contributions of their employees.
Employees are one of a company’s greatest assets. Recognition and appreciation are known as one of the key motivational factors in the workplace.
An employer may show their gratitude for an employee’s efforts and contributions to the goals of the company in a variety of ways from rewards to verbal interactions. Expressing employee appreciation increases employee job satisfaction.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Great Ways To Show Your Employees Some Appreciation
- Be Flexible – Flexibility goes a long way in this virtual reality world. If possible with your industry, allowing a little flexibility can reap huge benefits when you need last minute work done.
- A Thank You Note – When a job has been done well, a heartfelt, hand-written thank you means more than a slap on the back or an e-mail sent off at the end of the day.
- Team Effort Celebration – If the team pulled together and made it happen, reward them with an office pizza party, casual dress day or even close the office early so they can spend some well-earned time with family.
- Get Caught – Make sure the employee hears you telling someone else you thought they did a great job.
- Create a Culture of Encouragement – Employees who expand their horizons bring new skills to your workforce and will encourage others to do so too. Praise their achievements and encourage others to pursue their goals.
If you have employees, be sure to show them some appreciation and use #EmployeeAppreciationDay to post on social media.
National Employee Appreciation Day was created in 1995 by Bob Nelson, a founding Recognition Professional International board member, together with his publishing company, Workman Publishing.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!
March 2, 2018
March 1, 2019
March 6, 2020
March 6, 2021
March 4, 2022