NATIONAL DADGUM THAT’S GOOD DAY
On March 1st, National Dadgum That’s Good Day ushers in a season of satisfying seasonings, cooking and overall good times spent with family. “Dadgum, That’s Good!”™ is much more than just a Southern phrase and the title of John McLemore’s best-selling cookbook series. It’s the summation of a life’s work in creating delicious food with his world-class Masterbuilt cooking products.
John’s signature dishes and cooking style leave a lasting impression wherever he goes – especially in the South, where people love to proclaim, “DADGUM That’s Good!” The McLemores show their love for others by sharing great meals – and stories – around the table. He’s appeared on national television and dedicates his life to making the cooking process accessible and simple for everyone.
Whether it’s a delicious meal, time with your loved ones, or the perfect combination of both, today is a day to celebrate all things “DADGUM good!”
For more info, go to Masterbuilt.com
HOW TO OBSERVE DADGUM THAT’S GOOD DAY
- Talk about flavors and spice. Challenge your friends and family to make their signature dishes and bring them together for the ultimate taste-off.
- Explore your family’s recipes. Who had the love of cooking? Celebrate that person by making their signature dish.
- Take a poll. What makes your friends’ mouths water? Who does the cooking? What one item would make them cook more? What is their go-to seasoning?
- Gather your family and friends for some Dadgum good food. Share your recipes and stories.
- Celebrate National #DadgumThatsGoodDay with John McLemore and Team Masterbuilt by getting together with your friends and family to fellowship and enjoy some #DADGUMgood food.
NATIONAL DADGUM THAT’S GOOD DAY HISTORY
Masterbuilt of Columbus, GA, founded National Dadgum That’s Good Day in 2015 to celebrate an appreciation for good food and company, too.
In April of 2015, the Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed the day to be observed on March 1st, annually.
Dadgum That’s Good FAQ
Q. What does dadgum mean?
A. The word dadgum is used for emphasis. In the case of the phrase “dadgum that’s good,” the word dadgum stresses just how good something is.
Q. Can anyone celebrate National Dadgum That’s Good Day?
A. Yes. Anyone can enjoy good food with lots of flavor, unique recipes, and signature dishes.