NATIONAL CUT YOUR ENERGY COSTS DAY
Scheduling an appointment to get your heating system tuned up, would be one of the many ways to participate on January 10 for National Cut Your Energy Costs Day. Did you know that tuning up your heating system can save you up to three to ten percent?
National Cut Your Energy Costs Day encourages people to look for ways to reduce energy costs and save on their energy bills.
It is often in the little things that you do that can save you big money on your energy bill, such as:
- Weatherproof your home
- Replace old windows with new energy-efficient windows
- Replace old furnace with new energy-efficient furnace
- Properly maintain furnace
- Use solar heat if possible
- Turn down thermostats
- Turning off lights when leaving a room
- Use energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Run dishwasher and washing machine only when fully loaded
- Lower water heater temperature
- Take shorter showers
- Unplug unused appliances
- Carpool whenever possible
The above list is just a few of the many ways to conserve energy. Use these tips, along with others you may already have in practice, many available online and you will be able to create energy and financial savings the entire year.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Do what you can to conserve energy.Use #CutYourEnergyCostsDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Cut Your Energy Costs Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!