NATIONAL CUT YOUR ENERGY COSTS DAY
National Cut Your Energy Costs Day encourages consumers to explore their options and keep up with scheduled maintenance. Each year, on January 10th, the observance provides information designed to help homeowners and businesses to reduce energy costs and improve efficiency. Did you know that tuning up your heating system can save you up to three to ten percent?
It is often in the little things that you do that can save you big money on your energy bill, such as:
- Weatherproof your home
- Replace old windows with new energy-efficient windows
- Replace old furnace with new energy-efficient furnace
- Properly maintain furnace
- Use solar heat if possible
- Turn down thermostats
- Turning off lights when leaving a room
- Use energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Run dishwasher and washing machine only when fully loaded
- Lower water heater temperature
- Take shorter showers
- Unplug unused appliances
- Carpool whenever possible
The above list is just a few of the many ways to conserve energy. Use these tips, along with others you may already have in practice, many available online and you will be able to create energy and financial savings the entire year.
HOW TO OBSERVE #CutYourEnergyCostsDay
Make changes to conserve as much energy as possible. Share your tips and tricks for energy conservation using #CutYourEnergyCostsDay on social media.
NATIONAL CUT YOUR ENERGY COSTS DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues to research the origins of this efficient holiday.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!