NATIONAL CREAM-FILLED CHOCOLATES DAY
Chocolate lovers rejoice as February 14th is National Cream-Filled Chocolates Day! On the same day, approximately 58 million pounds of chocolate will be purchased. Much of it will be in heart-shaped boxes, filled with bite-sized chocolates with ooey, gooey centers. Quite a few of these cream-filled goodies will be exchanged and shared on Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate makers offer a wide variety of cream-filled goodness, too. Take your pick from marshmallow cream, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, coconut, hazelnut creme, and even creme de menthe. How about coffee cream-filled chocolates? Nearly every fruit you can imagine can be made into some sort of creamy center.
What’s inside those hard chocolate shells? Well, many chocolate makers provide a map so you don’t accidentally eat one that doesn’t sit well with you. One way to completely avoid the mystery is to create your own gift box with the flavors you select. Some chocolate makers offer this option. Not only do you select the chocolates your love likes best, but it’s a personalized gift, too. How chocolatey sweet is that? It’s also a terrific way to avoid biting into a flavor that will ruin the evening.
Another way to make cream-filled chocolates extra special is by making your own.
No matter how you celebrate, be sure you bite into a cream-filled chocolate or two that you like!
HOW TO OBSERVE CREAM FILLED CHOCOLATES DAY
- Sample a few of your favorite cream-filled chocolates and give a few, too. They can even be in a heart-shaped box if you like.
- Host a cream-filled chocolate sampling party. Invite friends to make one of their favorites to bring and everyone will get to sample. Supply fruit and sparkling wine to complement the chocolates.
- Take your party a notch further. Test your sampling skills by seeing who can identify the most cream-filled mystery chocolate flavors. Varieties can range from sweet to savory. We’re thinking a little bacon flavor here, a little coffee there.
- Try your hand at making your own cream-filled chocolates. While we often give chocolate as a romantic gesture, why not make it together instead. Turn up the heat in the kitchen and melt each others’ hearts while you melt some chocolate.
- Share your celebration using #CreamFilledChocolatesDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL CREAM-FILLED CHOCOLATES DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this mysterious food holiday. We’ve not even found a chart to guide us through the various fillings, so we’re taking our chances and hoping for salted caramel or dark chocolate nougat. And yes, still searching for the founder of this chocolate celebration!
Cream-Filled Chocolates FAQ
Q. Can white chocolate be cream-filled?
A. Yes! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate can all be cream-filled.
Q. Can I make cream-filled chocolates at home?
A. Yes, with the proper tools, anyone can make cream-filled chocolates at home.
Q. Who said, “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.”?
A. The title character of the film Forrest Gump played by Tom Hank said that quote in the park bench scene.