NATIONAL CAREER COACH DAY | January 8
Each year on January 8 we celebrate National Career Coach Day and recognize the important work of career coaches across the United States.
Today, we bring awareness to the impact career coaches have on their clients’ career paths and future potential. Not only are career coaches helping shape the future of the workplace, they are also helping people find fulfilling careers they deserve. On National Career Coach Day, we bring comradery to the profession, give coaches a day to come together, and create a space to celebrate all of the accomplishments made during the process.
What is a career coach? Career coaches are expert professionals who are up-to-date on current employment and hiring practices. These individuals wear specialized hats in helping people plan careers, create dynamic resumes, teach interview and wage negotiation skills, and guide you through the process of landing an amazing career. Most importantly, a career coach will work hard to help you accomplish your career goals.
Why would I need a career coach? People choose to work with a career coach for a variety of reasons. Your current job situation may not bring you enjoyment or you might feel you are on the wrong career path. A career coach will help you understand your potential by learning about your past experiences and guide you towards a happier life.
Choosing a Career Coach
- Decide what type of career coach you want to hire. Like any profession, some career coaches specialize in specific areas. Make sure your decision is the best fit for you.
- Narrow down the services you will need before hiring a career coach. This avoids paying for unnecessary services.
- Interview career coaches to determine if they are a good fit for you. Personality plays an important roll when working together. Choose someone that you “click” with and will provide you the best value.
- Check references your career coach provides. Verify training, certification, and clients.
Benefits of a Career Coach
Career coaches are in high demand in today’s business world. In fact, the career coaching profession is growing at rapid rate and is quickly reaching a $20 million dollar industry. Previously thought of as a service available for the wealthy, career coaching is now affordable to everyone.
The career coach industry has expanded into the business sector, too. Companies are employing career coaches full time for a variety of services, such as:
- Reviewing applications for specific job skills for potential employees.
- Preparing correspondence and inquiries for employers.
- Working with current employees to increase productivity.
- Improving and updating personal goals company-wide.
- Encouraging and inspiring employees to keep moral high.
SUPPORT CAREER COACHES
- Host a career coach summit.
- Provide free resources or tools to perspective clients.
- Make referrals to a career coach who has helped you.
- Become a career coach.
- Send a thank you card to your career coach thanking them for helping you find your dream job.
- Support your career coach by sharing their services with friends and family.
- Recognize and share your experiences with a career coach and use #NationalCareerCoachDay on social media.
Career Benders and National Day Calendar are excited to announce the newly established National Career Coach Day. Beginning in 2023, this new National Day will be celebrated on January 8, and each year after. Join us as we recognize the important work career coaches provide to people across the country.
Angie has always been told she had a gift for seeing others’ strengths, and after making career choices that led to professional gratitude and fulfillment, she set out on a mission to do the same for others. She also has a gift for helping people leverage their strengths to build confidence, overcome career trauma, achieve a level-up, and navigate the chaotic world of job searching. Through her work at Career Benders, Angie is helping people find new careers, improve management skills, move into leadership, and even start businesses.
Achieving your dreams and creating a career path that supports your personal and professional goals is possible. The sky is the limit, and we’re #