JANUARY 15, 2019 | NATIONAL BOOCH DAY | NATIONAL HAT DAY | NATIONAL STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM DAY
NATIONAL BOOCH DAY
On January 15, the first-ever National Booch Day kicks off a delicious way to celebrate with kombucha fans, current and new.
WHAT IS BOOCH?
Kombucha, or “booch,” is a lightly effervescent fermented beverage with a bold, invigorating taste. With flavor options from sweet to tart, KeVita Master Brew Kombucha pairs well with any meal and has billions of live probiotics in every bottle.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Kombucha fans can celebrate by sharing the love with a friend. Use #NationalBoochDay to share on social media and grab a BUY ONE, GIVE ONE coupon at KeVita.com/BoochDay. Hurry, it’s a January 15th, Booch Day only offer.
KeVita founded National Booch Day on January 15, 2019, to celebrate kombucha and all the love around this effervescent bubbly drink. KeVita was founded in 2009 in Ojai, California, by an organic winemaker and holistic nutritionist.
In December of 2018, the Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed National Booch Day to be observed annually.
NATIONAL HAT DAY
[clickToTweet tweet=”Poet John Oldham …’And all your future lies beneath your hat’ #NationalHatDay … http://ow.ly/PswH30hK8pf” quote=”Keeping my head warm is all I really desired by wearing a hat until I read a quote from English poet John Oldham …’And all your future lies beneath your hat’ #NationalHatDay ” theme=”style3″]
Hang on to your hats and celebrate in style on January 15. Millions will participate in National Hat Day.
- Hats may be worn for safety and protection, religious reasons, ceremonial reasons, warmth or fashion.
- In the Middle Ages, hats were an indicator of social status.
- In the military, hats may denote one’s nationality, branch of service, rank and/or regiment.
- A Thebes tomb painting depicts one of the first pictorials of a hat. The painting shows a man wearing a conical straw hat.
- Structured hats for women began to be worn in the late 16th century.
- Millinery is the designing and manufacture of hats.
- The term “milliner” derived from the city of Milan, Italy. The best quality hats were made in Milan in the 18th century.
- Millinery began as traditionally a woman’s occupation, as the milliner not only created hats and bonnets but also chose lace, trim and accessories to complete an outfit.
- In the middle of the 1920s, to replace the bonnets and wide-brimmed hats, women began to wear smaller hats that hugged their heads.
Depending on where you live, if you are outside in the middle of a cold January, you may definitely want to wear a hat on National Hat Day!
HOW TO OBSERVE
Be sure to wear a hat and use #NationalHatDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM DAY
National Strawberry Ice Cream Day is a food holiday observed each year on January 15.
( National Ice Cream Day is celebrated on July 1)
Strawberry ice cream is made by blending either strawberries or strawberry flavoring with eggs, cream, vanilla and sugar. Food coloring is often used to give it the pink or light red hue.
Dating back to at least 1813, strawberry ice cream was served at the second inauguration of James Madison.
Strawberry ice cream is one of the three flavors in Neapolitan ice cream along with vanilla and chocolate.
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream and strawberry ripple ice cream are variations of this feature.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Have fun celebrating National Strawberry Ice Cream Day by trying one of these recipes:
Use #StrawberryIceCreamDay to post on social media.
Our research was unable to find the creator of National Strawberry Ice Cream Day.
About National Day Calendar
National Day Calendar™ is the authoritative source for fun, unusual and unique National Days! Since our humble beginnings on National Popcorn Day in 2013, we now track nearly 1,500 National Days, National Weeks and National Months. In addition, our research team continues to uncover the origins of existing National Days as well as discover new, exciting days for everyone to celebrate.
Whether you want to celebrate your favorite mail carrier and flip flops, share your joy for bacon and chocolate cake or enjoy popcorn (our office favorite) on National Popcorn Day, stay in-the-know by signing-up for our e-mail updates, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Don’t find yourself unprepared on Talk Like a Pirate Day or Answer the Phone Like Buddy the Elf Day – join us as we #CelebrateEveryDay!