On February 13th, Galentine’s Day brings women together to celebrate each other every year the day before Valentine’s day.
Women all have that one friend who cheers on her female companions. She is their best supporter, listener, and companion. No matter what, she has your back. She’s the lady who celebrates ladies. This day is the kind of day a woman like that would throw a party, and she should.
The festivities include women of all walks of life, kicking back, and enjoying being women! The day celebrates successes and overcoming failures and brings women, ladies, and girls together for a good old-fashioned session to drink, eat, talk, and celebrate each other.
HOW TO OBSERVE #GalentinesDay
- Host a Galentine’s Day party.
- Create special Galentine’s recipes, cocktails and mocktails.
- Have a Galentine’s dance party.
- Give each other a pep talk, TED talk or venting session.
- Do makeovers.
- Get dressed up and go out for the night.
- Book a cruise and take off for the weekend.
- But be sure to use #GalentinesDay to share it all on social media.
GALENTINE’S DAY HISTORY
In 2010, during the sixth season (2010) of the comedy Parks and Recreation, character Leslie (Amy Poehler) throws an annual Galentine’s Day party for her girlfriends (ep107 “Galentine’s Day”). Gradually, the idea of Galentine’s Day parties has taken off. By 2017, several national businesses began promoting the celebration, and it began to trend.
Q. Can businesses celebrate the day?
A. They sure can! Some businesses offer several deals.
Q. Can I create a theme for the day?
A. Yes. Some ideas might include:
- Wear anything but pink.
- Costume party dressing up like your favorite woman from history.
- Recipe swap.
- Movie night.