NATIONAL NO DIRTY DISHES DAY
On May 18th, National No Dirty Dishes Day suggests taking a break from your regular daily routine. There are a few options for this day.
- Eat all meals out. Order take out and eat your meals in the containers they come in. If it’s possible, it would be a bonus treat.
- Use disposable plates, cups, and silverware. To stay earth-friendly, choose ones that are biodegradable.
- Fast. While not everyone can fast, occasional fasting can be good for the body.
- Eat only foods that come in their own containers and eat small meals. For example, eat a banana for breakfast. Prepare hard-boiled eggs the day before and enjoy them for lunch.
- Finally, avoid dirty dishes by washing every dish you use as you use it. That way, no dirty dish ends up in the sink.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NoDirtyDishesDay
Avoid dirty dishes! Go out to lunch or dinner with friends or have a barbecue and serve everything on paper plates with disposable utensils. Use #NoDirtyDishesDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL NO DIRTY DISHES DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this anti-dirty dish day. In the meantime, we’re going to wash our own dirty dishes.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!