CORRECT YOUR POSTURE MONTH
Correct Your Posture Month encourages us to consciously think about the way we align our bodies during the different activities we perform every day.
Poor posture affects our long-term health. Over time, poor posture causes bone and joint issues that places our quality of life at risk. From pain and discomfort to other health issues caused by medication use, slouching can be the ground zero issue that if remedied early can save a lot of agony later.
Like many small concerns that snowball later in life, poor posture can lead debilitating headaches, injury, circulatory issues, and more.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Good posture comes with practice.
- It’s important to stretch and move every 30 minutes if you work at a desk.
- Strengthen your core muscles.
- Work on your balance and take the stairs.
- Check your ergonomics. Are you able to reach the floor easily in your chair? Is your keyboard too high or too low?
- Is your car your office? There are ways to make your ride ergonomic, too.
Visit posturemonth.org for more information. Use #CorrectYourPostureMonth to share on social media.
Correct Your Posture Month has been observed since 1959.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!