WORLD FINANCIAL PLANNING DAY
Every year on the first Wednesday in October, World Financial Planning Day is held to raise awareness about the importance of financial planning. The day also offers an opportunity for financial planning experts around the world to educate consumers on how to prepare for their financial future.
In case you are wondering, there is a difference between a financial advisor and a financial planner. A financial advisor is a professional who helps people manage their money and investments. A financial planner may do these things as well. However, an important difference is that financial planners help their clients create and achieve long-term financial goals. Financial planners work with the general public and companies.
When is National Financial Literacy Month?
Many people and companies realize the benefits of having a financial planner. Some of these benefits include:
- Access to professionals who are good at helping those who don’t know where to start on how to plan for their financial future.
- Financial planners help people who oftentimes don’t have time to do their own financial planning.
- Getting an expert opinion about financial goals.
- Access to a wealth of experience in investments, insurance, taxes, and retirement planning.
If you want to create an investment strategy, minimize your taxes, or lower your financial risk, you should think about hiring a financial planner. Also, suddenly receiving a large sum of money is a good time to hire one as well.
HOW TO OBSERVE #WorldFinancialPlanningDay
Financial planners from around the world participate in this day. Some of the countries include Australia, Austria, Chinese Taipei, Germany, Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand, the United States, and United Kingdom.
Some of the ways financial planners participate in this day include:
- Hosting pro bono clinics where clients can talk to them free of charge.
- Holding seminars and presenting on a variety of financial topics.
- Hosting webinars to share tips on making good financial decisions.
- Posting blogs and write articles that provide financial planning tips.
- Holding workshops to help consumers achieve financial well-being.
One way you can participate in this day is to spread awareness on social media with #WorldFinancialPlanningDay.
WORLD FINANCIAL PLANNING DAY HISTORY
The first World Financial Planning Day was held on October 4, 2017. The Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) hosts the day. Every year, the FPSB partners with the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO). The day is always held during the first Wednesday of October during IOSCO’s World Investor Week.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!
7 October 2020
6 October 2021
5 October 2022
4 October 2023
2 October 2024
1 October 2025
7 October 2026
6 October 2027
4 October 2028
3 October 2029
2 October 2030