THANK YOU FOR CELEBRATING EVERY DAY
WITH NATIONAL DAY CALENDAR®!
7 REASONS TO TAKE TIME FOR A SUNSET OR SUNRISE
1. Sunrises and sunsets cause us to hit the pause button. When we slow down and take in the wonder and the beauty long enough, we might adjust our decisions.
2. It draws us outdoors into nature, exposing us to fresh air, some vitamin D, and away from the chaos of work and the pressures of life.
3. It’s a mini-vacation. There’s enormous value in the short time sunrise or sunset takes. Besides sparking ideas, they also refresh and revitalize our moods.
4. Exposure to light improves our sleep patterns. Those of us who spend so much time indoors need to make a greater effort to catch a few rays. While the summer months may make that easier, that’s not always the case. Setting the alarm so we can catch a sunrise may be the adjustment we need.
5. Sunlight helps the body produce vitamin D, which allows us to absorb calcium. For effective absorption, our bodies need fifteen minutes of exposure, three days a week to maintain healthy muscles and bones.
6. You’re too busy for the sunset? Not enough time for sunrise? If you’re working out, meditating, reading the paper or walking the dog at that time, you can watch the sun. Take those tasks outdoors with you. There are plenty of chores or errands that enjoy dual purpose while the sun moves across the horizon. It will also make those actions more enjoyable.
7. We find a way forward. Viewing a sunrise or sunset allows us to reflect. When our mind is calm, we can find some peace in our day and a way to celebrate even the smallest accomplishments.