SPINACH AND SQUASH MONTH | November
Spinach and Squash Month is an annual designation observed in November. There are about a million reasons to love both spinach and squash, and the beginning of the holiday season is the perfect time to start whipping up some recipes that include these delightful veggies.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Enjoy this “tried and true” Butternut Squash Soup with Spinach Ravioli recipe.
Use #Spinach&SquashMonth to post on social media. Here are some reasons you should start incorporating both veggies into your diet not only this month, but all year long!
- Extremely nutritious and packed with potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, and maganese
- High in antioxidants, and vitamins A and C
- High in vitamin K, which means better bone health
- May reduce the risk of cancer
- Boosts immunity with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- Helps manage diabetes because it regulates sugar in the body
- Squash is anti-inflammatory
- The seeds are antiparasitic, so they protect us from a wide variety of diseases
In our research, we were unable to find the creator of Spinach and Squash Month.