NEW WEEK PROCLAMATION | NATIONAL FLAG FOOTBALL WEEK – First Full Week in June | June 6-12, 2021
NATIONAL FLAG FOOTBALL WEEK
National Flag Football Week during the first week in June celebrates a game that offers an alternative to traditional tackle football.
For generations, fans and players alike have been gearing up for a sport that builds skills for the youth players and offers leagues and tournaments for every age. Men, women, and children have been playing flag football for years all across the country. YES, you read that right! Women can play football too!
National Flag Football Week encourages everyone to find a league near you. Whether you play or are a fan, come out and join your community and find out what all the excitement is about. Flag football is an integral part of the gridiron, and you don’t want to be left out of the basics, the plays, or the amazing scores!
Join us as we celebrate this week by offering leagues and tournaments this first week of June. Please help us celebrate a game that offers an alternative to the traditional style of tackle football and puts a smile on the faces of millions of participants week after week.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalFlagFootballWeek #MoreThanFootball
National Flag Football Week offers an excellent opportunity to discover a league near you. Do you want to get a jump on the celebration? Here’s how:
- Promote your league’s events. Whether it’s league play, playoffs, or tournament play, get the word out.
- Visit txgridiron.com to see which leagues and organizers are officially taking part in National Flag Football Week. Get your event listed, too!
- Organize a team. It doesn’t matter your age, gender, or skill level. Playing is the best way to learn, and you will have fun!
- Invite someone to join your team or league. Pass on the fun to someone else.
- Volunteer for a youth league. Many youth organizations across the country run on volunteers. Your knowledge and dedication may make a difference in a young person’s life.
- Be a fan. Go watch a game and cheer on your team. The thrill of a game is infectious!
No matter how you celebrate, share your experiences on social media using #NationalFlagFootballWeek #MoreThanFootball.
NATIONAL FLAG FOOTBALL WEEK HISTORY
TX GRIDIRON founded National Flag Football Week in 2021 to encourage participation in flag football while recognizing the sport’s integral role in a community’s life. It brings family’s and neighbors together, supporting their youth and bringing families together.
The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed the first National Flag Football Week to be observed the first week in June of 2021, annually.
Av Ron Trabue officially found TX GRIDIRON in January of 2016. In addition to encouraging adults to remain active through sport, one of TX GRIDIRON’s fundamental beliefs is that people should get back to “knowing their neighbors.”
TX GRIDIRON prides itself in organizing competitive adult and youth flag football leagues and tournaments. What started as a small tournament in the Houston suburb of Friendswood, TX, has morphed into one of Texas’s largest flag football communities! A state that is well known for its love of tackle football. With an initial concentrated focus on flag football events, the camaraderie, along with the fun, safe, and family atmosphere, has led to TX GRIDIRON now offering other types of sporting events.