NATIONAL INTERNSHIP AWARENESS MONTHNational Internship Awareness Month – April
During the month of April, National Internship Awareness Month sets out to dispell many of the myths surrounding internships.
Internships offer a great way to teach and share information with a person ready to start their career. They provide employment training and experiential learning opportunities that often have the ability to enhance a person’s professional qualities like strengthening ‘soft skills’ such as teamwork, communication, problem solving and professionalism. Internships are key to providing job seekers the chance to break into the workforce and gain meaningful experience to launch their career, an often difficult position for people with little to no experience. Employers that offer internships find it a low-risk, cost-effective workforce solution often leading to a permeant hire.
- Internships are an excellent way to gain real world professional experience through meaningful opportunities.
- Internships allow you to assess for the right fit and align with your professional goals.
- Internships aren’t just for summer. Internships can take place all year long and can vary in length.
- While they don’t all lead to a permanent position, the relevant experience can be included on your resumé when applying for related positions.
- Many fields of work offer internships from business to government, finance and skilled trades.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Learn more about internships during the month of April. Share your experiences with internship and use #InternshipAwarenessMonth to share on social media.
Career Edge Organization founded National Internship Awareness Month to celebrate the benefits of an internship to create highly qualified professionals. The Registrar at National Day Calendar declared National Internship Awareness Month to be celebrated annually in 2017.
There are over 1,200 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!
About National Day Calendar
Founded in 2013 in the historic town of Mandan, North Dakota, National Day Calendar began as a kernel of curiosity that exploded into a growing collection of ways to Celebrate. Every Day, founder Marlo Anderson and his team seek out all the daily, weekly and monthly observations and celebrations to keep you up to date and informed. Through daily updates, social media, mobile applications and much more, National Day Calendar helps you #CelebrateEveryDay!