NATIONAL INSPIRATIONAL ROLE MODELS MONTH
National Inspirational Role Models Month offers an opportunity to spotlight those role models who embody the qualities and character for life long success. No matter your age, gender, or stage of life, having someone who inspires you to be the best version of yourself is always a positive thing. Perhaps it’s a friend, an employer, clergy, teacher, celebrity, or an activist. Whether the person is high-profile or not isn’t important. Their character and ability to inspire, guide, and teach carries much more value. This month, focus on the person who motivates you and thank them for the leadership.
Each November, we encourage you to get involved in activities or events that your role model is apart of (or if they are no longer living or a public figure, maybe an occasion you think they would enjoy or join in themselves). Stepping into the shoes of the person you look up to the most is likely to stir something up inside you that encourages growth as a person. There’s a reason that person is your role model, right? Take a good look at them and their life. What healthy habits do they have? How do they make people feel? If you can mold yourself after them, while keeping your unique personality, you have struck gold!
HOW TO OBSERVE #InspirationalRoleModelsMonth
Use #InspirationalRoleModelsMonth to post on social media. Be the best person YOU can be this month and thank your inspirational role model for helping you get there; they may not have even realized you were looking up to them! Another good way to celebrate National Inspirational Role Model Month is by being a good role model to others. Here are some ways for you to radiate confidence and goodness for the world to see.
- Always demonstrate leadership and confidence. Stay positive, look at things from a neutral perspective, and be calm, cool, and collected. Always strive for bigger and better for yourself and others.
- Stand out in the crowd. Be yourself and be proud of it. You don’t ever have to try to “fit in.” People are drawn to those who are unapologetically themselves.
- Interact with everyone, not just your friends or the most successful/popular people in the room. Always have an open mind and be a good listener, as well as speaker.
- Show others that you care, even if you don’t know them well! Being interested and concerned about people around you shows selflessness and great character.
- Be smart, well rounded, and open-minded. Thinking you’re the smartest person in the room automatically makes you the dumbest person in the room.
- Admit to your mistakes, and embrace them to become better. Acting as though you are above failure and mistakes show arrogance.
Educators, visit the National Day Calendar Classroom for a lesson designed just for National Inspirational Role Models Month.
INSPIRATIONAL ROLE MODELS MONTH HISTORY
Detroit native and House of Communications Owner/Chief Communications Specialist Darlene House first designated National Inspirational Role Models Month in 2005.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!