NATIONAL GO ON A FIELD TRIP MONTH
National Go On A Field Trip Month in October is an excellent opportunity for educators, daycares, and senior centers to organize a trip. All month long, field trips offer educational opportunities that explore the world around us, the past, and the future.
Whether you choose to be indoors or outdoors (or if nature decides it for you), numerous places close to where you’re located provide terrific tours that inspire curiosity while creating a hands-on educational experience. Consider these fantastic field trip ideas to get your students excited:
- Arrange to visit a local farm. Everyone can learn more about the animals, the crops, and the care that goes into raising both. It’s also a chance to learn about a business they may not be familiar with. For others, it may be a time to reminisce.
- Visit a National or State Park in your area. Hiking the trails and identifying the fauna and flora surrounding gives us a chance to explore nature.
- Get a guided tour at a museum. Whether the focus is a certain era, place, or topic, everyone will get up close and personal with history. Many museums even have hands-on areas that get visitors active while learning.
- Tour a business. Whether it’s a processing plant, assembly line, doctor’s office, or a local restaurant, visitors will learn about various occupations.
- Explore the world of art. Visit a library, art museum, or music store. As we explore, we gain a greater appreciation for the skill and expression put into each work.
The day also encourages you to support field trips. Whether you are a business owner, museum manager, or local artist, share your love of what you do with others.
HOW TO OBSERVE #GoOnAFieldTripDay
Encourage and support field trips in education and other settings. Enhance opportunities for field trips through funding and tour design. Take a poll and find out what field trips will excite those in your classroom or under your care. Make a list of field trip opportunities near you. You might be surprised just how many there are. Share your field trip tips and guidance, too.
Use #GoOnAFieldTripMonth to post on social media.
Educators, visit the National Day Calendar Classroom for projects and resources to help you Celebrate Every Day!
NATIONAL GO ON A FIELD TRIP DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this month of exploring.