NATIONAL FAMILY FUN DAY
Today is May 28 and the Sunday before Memorial Day at National Day Calendar and we are celebrating National Family Fun Day. This National Day is encouraging families to celebrate everywhere to create some family fun during the long weekend and every day!
People across the U.S. use Memorial Weekend as the time to begin summer fun. Families are camping for the first time this season, attending graduations, and having family reunions. National Family Fun Day is your reminder that you don’t have to plan a huge event to enjoy today’s National Day.
We know that not everyone has opportunity to plan a get away. Some people work, some may not be able to afford a long vacation for their family, and some people are too exhausted to go on a weekend getaway. National Family Fun Day presents a unique opportunity for families to create their own fun and make memories. No matter where they are. Let’s celebrate National Family Fun Day and enjoy the day with our family. In fact, we are going to explain how you can have a family fun day close to home.
Why is it important to spend time with family?
Families are busy and it can be difficult to spent time together. Sadly, many get caught up in the daily activities of children, work, and family obligations. Families that spend time together are supportive of one another. When families spend time together they tend to have a greater sense of purpose and feel supportive of one another.
Studies show that healthy family relationships encourage security and love. Spending time with family offers the benefits of forming unbreakable bonds. As a family, we learn to offer support and encourage other family members to excel.
5 Important Reasons to Make Family Time
- Builds confidence.
- Creates a strong emotional bond.
- Improves communication between family members.
- Builds lasting memories.
- Promotes better behavior for kids.
It’s not always easy to make time to have fun, especially if you are extremely busy. However, it is important to find a balance. There are simple things you can do to ensure your family relationships remain strong. Quality time means spending time together and doing something everyone enjoys. Incorporating a fun element is easy once you realize being together to make memories is the fun part.
10 NATIONAL FAMILY FUN DAY IDEAS
Family fun begins with getting together and enjoying the day. In fact, there are so many activities you can plan where fun doesn’t have to mean expensive. Fun can mean finding simple, easy, stress-free activities for your family to participate in. Family fun can be:
- Planning a picnic at the local park or lake.
- Taking a nature walk and identify bugs, critters, and leaves.
- Hosting a cookout and playing yard games.
- Baking and then enjoying the yummy goodness together.
- Planning, preparing, and eating dinner with your family.
- Making s’mores around a campfire and stargaze afterwards.
- Starting a small garden for you and your family to work on together all summer long.
- Visiting a local museum.
- Researching your family history and documenting everything for future family.
- Sharing your family fun on social media by tagging #NationalFamilyFunDay.
HISTORY OF NATIONAL FAMILY FUN DAY
National Day Calendar created National Family Fun Day in 2023 to encourage families to spend time together. Today’s National Day reminds people to take a step back and do something fun together. We want everyone to enjoy the little things in life and family fun is a small way to relax, laugh, and unwind and #CelebrateEveryDay.
Related National Days on the National Day Calendar
- NATIONAL ELLIS ISLAND FAMILY HISTORY DAY | April 17
- NATIONAL VISIT YOUR RELATIVES DAY | May 18
- NATIONAL FAMILY DAY | 4th Monday in September