NATIONAL DIABETES MONTH
In November, National Diabetes Month focuses attention on the growing cost of diabetes on American’s health. From the physical, emotional and social effects to financial and damaging health, diabetes impacts more than 30 million people in the United States. Also known as American Diabetes Month, the month focus on making healthy changes and reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Get a physical. Regular checkups let us know where we stand and what changes we need to make. Ask questions, too!
- When we make small changes, we are more likely to stick when them. So, add one or two small changes at a time, instead of huge sweeping changes.
- Keep track of your goals. We are more likely to be honest if we write down our daily intake than if we just guess.
- Get a buddy. It’s more fun when we make changes together than if we go it alone.
- Learn more from the American Diabetes Association.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Help prevent type 2 diabetes. Learn about healthy diet, exercise and how to control diabetes. Get involved. Use #NationalDiabetesMonth to post on social media.
American Diabetes Association founded National Diabetes Month to spread information and resources concerning diabetes.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!