NATIONAL DAY CALENDAR CLASSROOM – WEEK 22 – January 20
We often rush through the day and realize we didn’t do one thing we set out to do. Our students, no matter their age, need to understand mindfulness and how to refocus. So do we. National Compliment Day is a simple way of creating a little focus. We will also revisit National Shelfie Day and create a display that represents our classroom.
Don’t forget to visit the trivia page, or print out the crossword puzzles and a word search to challenge the students!
Sharing on social media isn’t required, learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
LESSON 1 – National Compliment Day
While giving a compliment shouldn’t be difficult, sometimes learning to deliver it can be. Helping children to understand everyone’s value is important. Have each student do the following:
- On a piece a paper, have each student write down or draw the best compliment they ever received.
- Have them describe how the compliment made them feel.
- With that feeling in mind, challenge them to think of something positive about each of their classmates.
- Then allow each student to stand and receive a compliment from another student in the room.
LESSON 2 – LIBRARY SHELFIE DAY
- Assign each student to bring a book to class.
- Line up the books on a shelf.
- Take a picture and post it to social media!