NATIONAL DAY CALENDAR CLASSROOM – Week 15 – November 18, 2018
It’s Thanksgiving week in the classroom, but that doesn’t mean no learning goes on. National Play Monopoly Day on November 19 inspires several teaching opportunities.
For fun, we include trivia, word finds and crossword puzzles featuring days during the week, too.
Sharing on social media isn’t required, learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
Lesson 1 – National Play Monopoly Day
Use the game of Monopoly to develop skills in the classroom. Your gameboard can be designed for social skills, math, science, history, language arts, or modified to fit your needs.
- Math – Students progress around the board by completing challenges and collecting rewards for correct answers.
- Social skills – Challenge students to answer progressively difficult questions regarding social circumstances. Bring the most difficult problems to their peers for debate.
- Science – Theories and experiments abound as students progress around the board. Is the science sound? Reward them for correct answers and challenge them with chemistry, physics, and biology.
- History – Progress from the Wild West to the Modern Age. Who will collect the most knowledge as they travel through time collecting artifacts of the past? Reward students for accurate information. Bonus for earning cards in the same era.
- Language – Nouns, verbs, participles, adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions and more! Students earn points when they’ve collected enough parts of speech to build a sentence.