MEDIA ALERT | 1ST ANNIVERSARY | NATIONAL CLEAN BEAUTY DAY – June 4
National Clean Beauty Day will celebrate its First Anniversary on June 4th. Join the movement for sustainable and clean beauty! Continue reading for more on this innovative celebration.
NATIONAL CLEAN BEAUTY DAY
On June 4th, National Clean Beauty Day urges brands to develop beauty products that are clean and sustainable from the beginning of their life cycle to the end, while educating consumers to seek better product choices. This day brings awareness to the current state of the beauty industry. It also serves as an educational opportunity by improving our clean beauty practices for a more sustainable world.
Until now, Clean Beauty has focused exclusively on formulas and ingredients. Clean beauty has to mean more. It must encompass everything from ingredient sourcing to production methods, focusing on consumer transparency and the desire to innovate for future generations.
Every year, the world produces 260 million tons of plastic with less than 10 percent of it ever being recycled. The rest of the 90 percent ends up in landfills or as litter in our surrounding environment. * Estimates predict that by 2050, the ocean will contain more plastic by weight than fish.**
This day is a call to action for the beauty industry to create products with clean ingredients while celebrating changemakers creating circular, restorative products. Clean Beauty empowers future generations by creating a more sustainable beauty industry.
More and more, consumers are demanding good-for-you ingredients and environmentally friendly packaging from their products. As the beauty industry responds and begins to offer these choices, consumers and the environment will reap the benefits.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalCleanBeautyDay
On June 4th, take the FEKKAI My Hair Cares Pledge to commit to a cleaner and more sustainable beauty lifestyle. Join a clean beauty educational session to learn how your company can incorporate sustainable changes. Contact your favorite beauty company. Let them know you support clean ingredients and changes to their packaging that are environmentally friendly.
Take the Pledge with Fekkai
- Shampoo and Conditioner – Fekkai Full Blown Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
- Balms – FEKKAI Super Strength Multi-Tasker Roots-to-end Strengthening Balm
- Oils and Creams – Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing Cream With Olive Oil
- For Blondes – FEKKAI Baby Blonde Shampoo, Brighten and Boost, For Blonde Hair
- And Sprays – Fekkai Sheer Hold Hair Spray
While taking the pledge, share the day on social media and promote the clean and sustainable products you love the most. And when you do, use #NationalCleanBeautyDay and tag @FEKKAI to share on social media. You can find our staff picks for clean beauty products here.
NATIONAL CLEAN BEAUTY DAY
FEKKAI National Clean Beauty Day in 2020 to bring awareness to the current state of the industry, to educate so we can improve our clean beauty practices, and to join hands with like-minded brands to create a cleaner, more sustainable beauty world.
Media Contact: email@example.com
The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed National Clean Beauty Day to be observed annually on June 4th.
Frédéric Fekkai, the famed hairstylist, founded the FEKKAI brand in 1989. After a long and storied career, including national salons and successful product lines, Frédéric sold his brand. One morning, a realization struck him. The beauty industry hadn’t yet caught up to the rest of the world in terms of clean product formulations and sustainability. Reinvigorated, Frédéric’s vision to bring innovation to the beauty category took root.
In November of 2018, Frédéric reacquired his brand and put his vision into motion with the relaunch of FEKKAI in January 2020. FEKKAI achieves clean and sustainable haircare through vegan, cruelty-free, and salon-grade formulas. Their formulas are free of nasties and full of performance – no sulfates, silicones, paraben, or phthalates.
Not only do they craft their packaging from 95% recycled plastic, but it’s also domestically sourced. That makes each bottle and tube 100% recyclable on its own. Additionally, the shipping boxes are 100% recyclable and packing materials are 100% recyclable. As a result, FEKKAI is eliminating an estimated 330 tons of plastic waste and redirecting it to recycling plants. There, the recycling plants reprocess and convert the material into usable plastic.
This is FEKKAI’s commitment to future generations and the planet. In the brand’s first year, they will repurpose 64 million grams of plastic. That’s roughly 7 million plastic bottles – and they are just getting started.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!
*A Greenpeace report (Plastic Debris in the World’s Oceans, 2006).
**Report from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, in partnership with the World Economic Forum.