THANK YOU FOR CELEBRATING EVERY DAY
WITH NATIONAL DAY CALDENDAR®!
Whether you live in a house, apartment or mobile home, rent or own, our homes contain our most precious possessions. We take precautions to protect every life within its walls – smoke detectors, locks, proper maintenance, and more. Even then, situations occur that put life and property at risk. Insurance provides a way to recover and replace much of our property loss. We even prepare for the worst possible outcomes but we always hope for the best. Insurance is something we purchase and forget about.
However, from time to time, we need to check that our insurance is keeping up with our lifestyle. There are several factors to keep in mind when considering changing your homeowner’s insurance:
- Have you made home improvements?
- Exterior improvements – patio, deck, drainage
- Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
- Has the value of your home increased or decreased?
- Consider your personal property such as jewelry, entertainment systems, furniture, and other valuables.
- Make a video catalog of valuables and keep it in a fire safe lock box.
- Keep receipts
- Update annually
- Make copies
- Get multiple quotes
- Ask about their exclusions