Twins Days are observed the first full weekend of August in Twinsburg, Ohio. This weekend is the largest gathering of twins in the world. The Twins Days Festival is open to all multiples–identical, fraternal, young and old, twins, triplets, quads and their families.
The Twins Days Festival makes a small scholarship available to help qualified twins with upcoming college expenses. One pair of twins is selected each year to be awarded. Events at Twins Days include a Twins Talent Show, live entertainment and plenty of good conversation and camaraderie.
Despite what some people believe identical twins do not have identical fingerprints. To tell twins apart, you need to look at their belly buttons. Twins are known to interact with each other in the womb. Tall women are more likely to have twins, as are women who eat a lot of dairy products. Massachusetts has the most twin births of any state in the union.
- Robin and Maurice Gibb – 2/3 of the Bee Gee’s
- Mary Kate and Ashley Olson – Television and fashion moguls
- Chang and Eng Bunker – Where the “Siamese twins” term was coined from
- Reggie and Ronnie Kray – Infamous British crime duo.
- Elvis and Jesse Garon Presley – Elvis’s twin brother died at birth
- Jenna and Barbara Bush – Daughter of George W. Bush and granddaughters of George Bush, Sr.
HOW TO OBSERVE
If you’re a twin, triplet or whatever, plan on attending the next Twins Days Festival. See the website of the festival (below) for registration information.
Use #TwinsDays in social media postings.
The Twins days Festival was founded in 1976 by Revco’s Charles R. DeHaven.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!