CLASSROOM – Strawberry
Ahhh – Strawberry Sundaes. Who can resist this simple treat especially after a hard day of studying in the classroom. Or a fun one. Either way, the reward is just as sweet. That’s why National Strawberry Sundae Day reminds us to celebrate the simple things. And strawberry sundaes are truly simple treats that pack a satisfying punch! This week in the classroom things are a little less complicated. We’ll color (or watercolor – it’s World Watercolor Month, too) and rely on our weekly challenge to keep us on track. What do you think?
HOW TO OBSERVE in the CLASSROOM – Strawberry
Download and print this week’s projects and give your students the opportunity to enjoy the simple things. You can also follow the suggestions below to help your students explore the days in their own way. It might surprise you what they discover! We’re often surprised by our own discoveries!
Celebrate Every Day in the Classroom by:
1. Asking a question about the day or observance and finding the answer.
2. Exploring the subject further. Whether you read a book, interview an expert, watch a documentary, or run an experiment, there is always more to learn about the observance.
3. Writing about the day or observance. You can write about what you learned or what the day means to you.
4. Telling someone about the day. You might be sharing information that is helpful to someone. Or, you might brighten someone’s day.
5. Solving a problem. Many observances discuss issues around the world that need fixing. How would you fix it?
6. Being creative. Draw, paint, build, design, bake, create your idea of what the observance means.
Of course, as always, sharing on social media isn’t required; learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
THIS WEEK’S PROJECTS
This week we offer a coloring page (we haven’t done that in a while), a recipe and the Celebration Challenge. Enjoy!
- Strawberry Sundae Recipe
- National Strawbery Sundae Day coloring page
- Celebration Challenge Week 17 – July 5-9, 2021
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar®!