CLASSROOM – Shelfie
National Library Shelfie Day in January is a perfect time to explore new and old books in the classroom. This week we celebrate Library Shelfies with a couple of fun projects to get the creativity flowing.
HOW TO OBSERVE in the CLASSROOM – Shelfie
Download and print this week’s projects about kindness and open up dialogue in your classroom about name-calling and kindness. You can also follow the suggestions below to help your students explore the days in their own way. It might surprise you what they discover! We’re often surprised by our own discoveries!
Celebrate Every Day in the Classroom by:
1. Asking a question about the day or observance and finding the answer.
2. Exploring the subject further. Whether you read a book, interview an expert, watch a documentary, or run an experiment, there is always more to learn about the observance.
3. Writing about the day or observance. You can write about what you learned or what the day means to you.
4. Telling someone about the day. You might be sharing information that is helpful to someone. Or, you might brighten someone’s day.
5. Solving a problem. Many observances discuss issues around the world that need fixing. How would you fix it?
6. Being creative. Draw, paint, build, design, bake, create your idea of what the observance means.
Of course, as always, sharing on social media isn’t required; learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
THIS WEEK’S PROJECTS
Can you find the 15 differences in the Picture Puzzle? If not, you can always try the Celebration Challenge each week. Don’t forget to break out your crayons for the Shelfie Coloring page, too. Have fun celebrating National Library Shelfie Day!
- Shelfie Coloring Page
- Picture Puzzle (16 differences)
- Picture Puzzle Key
- Celebration Challenge – Week 43 – January 24-28, 2022
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!