CLASSROOM – Popcorn
Popcorn is one of the easiest snacks to enjoy in the classroom. It’s nutritious, and it’s fairly easy to make, too. Popcorn is also fun to make. And National Popcorn Day is one of National Day Calendar’s favorite holidays. In fact, it was our FIRST holiday. So why it took us so long to feature it in the classroom is a curiosity.
This week, we include science projects, craft projects, and a coloring page to help your students celebrate the day.
HOW TO OBSERVE CLASSROOM – Popcorn
Download and print this week’s projects. Explore the other popcorn links for experiments and science information.
Celebrate Every Day in the Classroom by:
1. Asking a question about the day or observance and finding the answer.
2. Exploring the subject further. Whether you read a book, interview an expert, watch a documentary, or run an experiment, there is always more to learn about the observance.
3. Writing about the day or observance. You can write about what you learned or what the day means to you.
4. Telling someone about the day. You might be sharing information that is helpful to someone. Or, you might brighten someone’s day.
5. Solving a problem. Many observances discuss issues around the world that need fixing. How would you fix it?
6. Being creative. Draw, paint, build, design, bake, create your idea of what the observance means.
Of course, as always, sharing on social media isn’t required; learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
THIS WEEK’S PROJECTS
Enjoy celebrating popcorn by exploring these fun experiments and projects.
- Popcorn craft page – Print out the popcorn bucket. Fill it up with your popcorn by gluing pieces of popcorn to the top. You can also use squares of crumpled white and yellow paper.
- Popcorn coloring page – Download and print the popcorn coloring page. What movie do you think will be playing?
- Brains Stuff – How Does Popcorn Work? – Learn how a little bit of moisture in the starches builds up steam inside a tiny kernel of popcorn when it’s heated.
- Hoopla Kids – Dancing Popcorn – How do vinegar and baking soda make popcorn kernels dance?
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!