CLASSROOM – October
You know the year is flying by when it’s October in the Classroom! The entire month is filled with fun and educational holidays. We look forward to so many of them each year that we decided to kick off the month celebrating October!
Our projects this week are fun and lighthearted. Most of them we’ve been doing in the classroom for a while, and some of them are new, but they are all downloadable and printable for use at home or in the classroom.
HOW TO OBSERVE in the CLASSROOM – October
Download and print this week’s projects for some fun ways to explore October. You can also follow the suggestions below to help your students explore the days in their own way. It might surprise you what they discover! We’re often surprised by our own discoveries!
Celebrate Every Day in the Classroom by:
1. Asking a question about the day or observance and finding the answer.
2. Exploring the subject further. Whether you read a book, interview an expert, watch a documentary, or run an experiment, there is always more to learn about the observance.
3. Writing about the day or observance. You can write about what you learned or what the day means to you.
4. Telling someone about the day. You might be sharing information that is helpful to someone. Or, you might brighten someone’s day.
5. Solving a problem. Many observances discuss issues around the world that need fixing. How would you fix it?
6. Being creative. Draw, paint, build, design, bake, create your idea of what the observance means.
Of course, as always, sharing on social media isn’t required; learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
THIS WEEK’S PROJECTS
We created a few printables to use while you and your students explore October.
- Celebration Challenge – Week 29 – October 4-8, 2021
- October Binder Coloring Page
- National Taco Day Story Mashup
- National Taco Day Crossword Puzzle
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!