CLASSROOM – Farming
National Farm Rescuer Day inspires this week’s topic in the Classroom. Farming is a vital industry that feeds not only you and me but the entire world. We also introduce a new Celebration Challenge format that can be used as often as you like.
HOW TO OBSERVE CLASSROOM – Farming
Discuss how farming impacts our lives. From the farmer who sows a grain of wheat to the baker who makes the bread to the grocery store employee who stocks the shelves to the meal we will eat tonight, farmers touch everyone’s lives many times over.
Celebrate Every Day in the Classroom by:
1. Asking a question about the day or observance and finding the answer.
2. Exploring the subject further. Whether you read a book, interview an expert, watch a documentary, or run an experiment, there is always more to learn about the observance.
3. Writing about the day or observance. You can write about what you learned or what the day means to you.
4. Telling someone about the day. You might be sharing information that is helpful to someone. Or, you might brighten someone’s day.
5. Solving a problem. Many observances discuss issues around the world that need fixing. How would you fix it?
6. Being creative. Draw, paint, build, design, bake, create your idea of what the observance means.
Of course, as always, sharing on social media isn’t required; learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
THIS WEEK’S PROJECTS
Download and print this week’s projects.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!