CLASSROOM – Coloring
National Coloring Book Day inspires this week’s classroom. Coloring helps get our creativity flowing and also offers a wonderful way to ease into or out of new situations. Whether classrooms are wrapping up a summer session or diving into the new school year, a little bit of coloring can ease the transition.
We also offer week 20 of the Celebration Challenge.
HOW TO OBSERVE in the CLASSROOM – Coloring
Download and print this week’s projects and give your students the opportunity to unwind with a little bit of coloring. You can also follow the suggestions below to help your students explore the days in their own way. It might surprise you what they discover! We’re often surprised by our own discoveries!
Celebrate Every Day in the Classroom by:
1. Asking a question about the day or observance and finding the answer.
2. Exploring the subject further. Whether you read a book, interview an expert, watch a documentary, or run an experiment, there is always more to learn about the observance.
3. Writing about the day or observance. You can write about what you learned or what the day means to you.
4. Telling someone about the day. You might be sharing information that is helpful to someone. Or, you might brighten someone’s day.
5. Solving a problem. Many observances discuss issues around the world that need fixing. How would you fix it?
6. Being creative. Draw, paint, build, design, bake, create your idea of what the observance means.
Of course, as always, sharing on social media isn’t required; learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
THIS WEEK’S PROJECTS
Download and print the coloring book. Fold each page along the dotted lines. Make sure the National Coloring Book Day Coloring Book page is on top. Tuck the second page inside and staple along the dotted lines to create your own coloring book.
- National Coloring Book Day Coloring Book
- Celebration Challenge – Week 20 – August 2-6, 2021
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!