CLASSROOM – Challenge 6
Join the Classroom Challenge 6!
Each week, we are exploring food, history, language, and art as we Celebrate Every Day in the classroom. It’s one of the ways we keep education exciting. But we know learning is exciting anyway. This is just another way to celebrate it! Some of these days have been featured in the Classroom before, so if you’re looking for specific project ideas, don’t forget to explore the entire April Classroom where we have so many projects available for download.
HOW TO OBSERVE CLASSROOM – Challenge 6
Download and print this week’s project and give your students the opportunity to explore the national days in their own way. It might surprise you what they discover! We’re often surprised by our own discoveries!
Celebrate Every Day in the Classroom by:
1. Asking a question about the day or observance and finding the answer.
2. Exploring the subject further. Whether you read a book, interview an expert, watch a documentary, or run an experiment, there is always more to learn about the observance.
3. Writing about the day or observance. You can write about what you learned or what the day means to you.
4. Telling someone about the day. You might be sharing information that is helpful to someone. Or, you might brighten someone’s day.
5. Solving a problem. Many observances discuss issues around the world that need fixing. How would you fix it?
6. Being creative. Draw, paint, build, design, bake, create your idea of what the observance means.
Of course, as always, sharing on social media isn’t required; learning is. But if you do, please use #NDCClassroom to share on social media.
THIS WEEK’S PROJECTS
Download and print this week’s worksheet. Share it with your students and let the exploration begin!
Challenge 6 – April 12-16, 2021
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!