GET TO KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS DAY
Get to Know Your Customers Day reminds businesses to reach out to patrons and get to know them better. The day is observed annually on the third Thursday of each quarter (January, April, July, October).
When businesses get to know their customers, they also get to know more about what they need to grow. Remember when Main Street businesses were locally owned and operated? The owners knew you by name and knew your shopping habits. Additionally, they typically knew what you wanted to buy. Not surprisingly, they were willing to get it in for you if they didn’t have it.
Unfortunately, with the advent of the Internet and big-box stores, much of the personal attention has gone by the wayside. Get to Know Your Customers Day is a day to turn that around. Make it a point to get to know a little more about your customers. Most importantly, make each of them feel like they are your most important customer of the day.
Tips for Knowing Your Customer:
- Ask your customers questions. Find out what services and products they need.
- Use social media. Get the word out about your specials and new product. Social media is a great tool to find out what your customers like and don’t like about your store. It’s important to respond as quickly as possible. When you do, it will be noticed. remember, fixing a negative customer experience in a positive way can show you stand by your word. In turn, it could transfer into future multiple sales.
- Follow up on a purchase. Ask your customers how their purchase or service worked for them. Not only will you find out about your product, but you will learn more about your customer and the services they need.
- Network with other businesses. Learning and sharing best practices for getting to know customers from other successful businesses will also grow your business.
HOW TO OBSERVE GET TO KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS DAY
- Grow your business by taking the time to get to know your customers. In doing so, you’ll be planting a seed that will flourish!
- Ask your customers what you’re doing right and what they would like to see improved.
- Use #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay to post on social media.
- Read about these 7 Ways to Know Your Customers to learn more.
GET TO KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS DAY HISTORY
We have been unable to find the creator of National Get to Know Your Customers Day.
Get to Know Your Customers FAQ
Q. Is this day for online or brick-and-mortar businesses?
A. It’s for ALL businesses. Knowing your customers and their needs is important to any kind of business, large and small.
Q. Are there other observances on the calendar dedicated to customers?
A. Yes! March 19th is International Client’s Day.
FUTURE DATES: GET TO KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS DAY
- 19 January 2023
- 18 January 2024
- 16 January 2025
- 15 January 2026
- 21 January 2027
- 20 January 2028
- 18 January 2029
- 21 April 2022
- 20 April 2023
- 18 April 2024
- 17 April 2025
- 16 April 2026
- 15 April 2027
- 20 April 2028
- 19 April 2029
- 21 July 2022
- 20 July 2023
- 18 July 2024
- 17 July 2025
- 16 July 2026
- 15 July 2027
- 20 July 2028
- 19 July 2029
- 20 October 2022
- 19 October 2023
- 17 October 2024
- 16 October 2025
- 15 October 2026
- 21 October 2027
- 19 October 2028
- 18 October 2029