INTERNATIONAL CLIENT’S DAY – March 19
Every year on March 19th, International Client’s Day provides an opportunity for company owners and managers to celebrate their clients. It’s also a day to recognize the importance of retaining loyal clients.
Did you know that there are over 213 million companies in the world? While the types of companies are quite diverse, they have one thing in common. Most of these companies depend upon clients and customers in order to succeed. The best-run companies treat their clients well. They do this by:
- Listening to their clients.
- Apologizing when something goes wrong.
- Staying calm during difficult situations.
- Identifying and anticipating their client’s needs.
- Suggesting solutions and providing remedies to problems.
- Being available and providing excellent customer service.
Companies that do all of these things well are treating their clients with the dignity and respect they deserve. These companies are also retaining customers, which is very important in such a competitive market.
Customer loyalty is also important because it helps create new customers. In fact, 68 percent of new customers come from current customers. It’s also much easier to sell services to an existing customer. The probability of selling to an existing customer is up to 70 percent, compared to only 5 to 20 percent for new customers. One more reason it’s important to retain clients is they are 50 percent more likely to buy new products.
For all of these reasons, it’s of utmost importance for company owners and managers to recognize and celebrate their clients.
HOW TO OBSERVE INTERNATIONAL CLIENT’S DAY
- Send thank you cards to clients and customers.
- Donate money to a charity in each client’s honor.
- Offer a discounted or free service.
- Give a client or customer an unexpected upgrade.
- Don’t forget online visitors and shoppers.
- Post a shout-out to clients on social media.
- You can also spread awareness for this day on social media with #InternationalClientsDay.
INTERNATIONAL CLIENT’S DAY HISTORY
In 2010, a company in Klaipėda, Lithuania wanted to come up with a way to celebrate its foundation. They came up with the idea of acknowledging their clients, who are the foundation of every business. The first event was held on March 19, 2010. In the following years, several international companies began celebrating their clients on this day as well.