NATIONAL SPRAY TANNING DAY | Third Thursday in March
Get your glow on and celebrate National Spray Tanning Day on the third Thursday in March by getting a fresh spray tan!
After the winter, our skin can be dull and dry. Today on National Spray Tanning Day, prepare to glow all spring and summer with a natural spray tan. In fact, spray tanning is a great way to achieve a healthy head-to-toe glow and is customizable for any skin tone.
There are two types of spray tanning. The first uses an automated spray booth. The second uses a professional spray tan artist creating an air-brushed glow using a handheld spray machine. Both options allow for a customizable and desirable color that compliments all skin tones. In addition, both types of spray tanning involve being sprayed with a liquid solution that contains dihydroxyacetone (DHA).
Dihydroxyacetone is a naturally derived and fermented active ingredient that reacts with your skin to mimic a tan for a temporary amount of time. After getting a spray tan, it’s important to leave the solution on your skin for between four and 24 hours, rinsing when you have achieved your desired color. A spray tan:
- Provides a sun-kissed glow in just minutes.
- Evens out uneven skin complexion.
- Gives skin a more toned appearance.
- Boosts confidence.
- Can be customized based on your preferences.
- Contains vitamins to lock moisture into skin.
- Gives an even and streak-free tan.
- Offers an option for tan lines.
- Includes optional scents based on your preferences.
There are many benefits to spray tanning. Not only can you achieve a sun-kissed look in just minutes, spray tanning also gives you a major confidence boost! The average spray tan, whether it be in an automatic booth or by a professional spray tan artist, takes about 5 minutes. For most people, when taking the route of traditional sun tanning, it can take hours or days to begin seeing a sun-kissed glow. Sadly, many people receive a sunburn instead of a tan when choosing the traditional sun tanning.
How Do You Prepare for a Spray Tan?
Preparing for a spray tan can help to elevate your overall experience. To get the most natural looking and long-lasting tan, be sure to:
- Shower, exfoliate, and shave/wax 24-28 hours before your session.
- Arrive for your appointment with clean skin. Do not apply moisturizers, deodorant, oils, or make-up before your appointment.
- Wear loose-fitting, dark colored clothing to prevent bronzer transfer.
- Schedule your manicure and/or pedicure appointments prior to your spray tan appointment, so that your tan does not fade prematurely.
- Bring a rain jacket if there is a chance of rain to protect your tan while it is developing.
- Avoid rinsing or getting wet for a minimum of 4 hours. You can leave your tan on for up to 24 hours before rinsing.
Post Spray Tan Tips
Your post-spray tan care is just as important as the preparation! Be sure to keep in mind the following tips to help your tan last as long as possible:
- Rinse your spray tan with warm water and minimal soap/scrubbing.
- Pat dry after rinsing your tan instead of wiping off moisture.
- Apply moisturizer after your shower and then daily to extend your tan.
- Avoid swimming/bathing for the first 24 hours after your spray tan.
- Use self-tanners to help extend the length of your tan.
SKIN GLOW CELEBRATION
- Make an appointment for a spray tan at a location near you.
- Flaunt your favorite outfit to wear once your spray tan is fully developed and rinsed.
- Encourage your friends and family to utilize spray tanning as a healthy way to glow.
- Share photos of your spray tan on social media using the hashtag #NationalSprayTanningDay.
- Be on the lookout for giveaways, promotions, and events nationwide surrounding National Spray Tanning Day by following @mystictan, @versaspa, and @norvellsunless on Instagram.
National Day Calendar designated National Spray Tanning Day on behalf of Sunless, Inc. brands Mystic Tan, Norvell, and VersaSpa in 2022, to be celebrated on the third Thursday in March each year. National Spray Tanning Day encourages people to safely enhance their skin with a natural-looking glow!
Sunless, Inc. is the leading industry authority in the sunless tanning industry with over 30 years of experience. The company offers sunless tanning technology alternatives such as spray tanning and self-tanning products in the place of harmful UV rays. Sunless, Inc. creates the best of the best when it comes to spray tanning booths, equipment, and solutions. The advanced spray technology delivers streak-free and natural-looking tans every time.
With decades of experience, Sunless, Inc. creates the best of the best when it comes to spray tanning equipment, solutions, and self-tanners. The brands Mystic Tan, Norvell, and VersaSpa are iconic among frequent spray tan users.
You can instantly locate a salon that provides spray tans by Mystic Tan, VersaSpa, or Norvell by using their salon locator.