BOYS’ AND GIRLS’ CLUB DAY FOR KIDS | Third Saturday in September
We celebrate Boys’ and Girls’ Club Day for Kids during the third Saturday in September to get involved in meaningful activities and enjoy the wonderment of childhood activities.
Today on Boys’ and Girls’ Club Day for Kids we encourage everyone, young and old, to create fun activities to participate in and enjoy the life of being a kid. Whether you have kids or are a kid at heart, get out and spark the imagination to create lasting memories.
The Boys’ and Girls’ Club Day for Kids creates opportunity for an entire community to get involved with the development of kids. Simply having fun for a few hours allows kids to feel energetic and establish relationships through activity. When kids interact with other kids and adults on a positive level, they tend to think more positive of themselves. Oftentimes, that positive thinking leads making better decisions as they grow.
Ways to Help
Almost every community has a Boys and Girls Club or something similar to it. The success of these programs would not be possible without the help of outside sources.
- Host an event
CLUB DAY ACTIVITIES
- Build and then fly a kite.
- try geocaching for an outdoor aventure.
- Collect fallen leaves and create an artistic collage.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Create one-of-a-kind stepping stones with plaster of Paris and colorful beads.
- Make paper planes and have a contest to see which ones fly the farthest.
- Use sidewalk chalk to create artistic masterpieces.
- Play basketball, miniature golf, sand volleyball, bowling, badminton, soccer, baseball, Wiffle ball, kickball or any number of athletic games.
- Skip stones at a pond or river while going fishing.
- Break out the board games and have a tournament.
- Go for a hike.
- Tie dye t-shirts or handkerchiefs.
- Visit a museum and explore history.
- Go to the library and check out a book or old movie.
- Write a short story together.
- Share and tag photos of your adventures on social media using #BoysAndGirlsClubDayForKids
The Boys’ and Girls’ Club of America is working to establish a day in the United States dedicated to just kids. Since the late 1800s, Boys and Girls Clubs have been providing a safe place for kids and teens after school and during the summer. With the help of caring mentors, kids and teens are given the opportunity to form friendships, learn through programs, and live healthy life-styles.
Nearly 4.3 million kids and teens are enrolled in a Boys and Girls Club throughout the United States, serving anyone who walks through their door. Every club provides a safe place for kids to be themselves, learn in a supportive environment, explore new things, and grow emotionally and mentally. Nearly 90% of all kids and teens who attend a club graduate from high school. The Boys and Girls Club prepares all of it’s kids and teens an opportunity to succeed by providing direction to navigate to their future.
16 September 2023
21 September 2024
20 September 2025
19 September 2026
18 September 2027
16 September 2028
15 September 2029
21 September 2030
20 September 2031