BOYS’ AND GIRLS’ CLUB DAY FOR KIDS
On the third Saturday in September, Boys’ and Girls’ Club Day for Kids celebrates kids with fun-filled activities.
Dedicate this Saturday to celebrating children. Spend the involved in meaningful activities, celebrating the wonderment of childhood.
HOW TO OBSERVE #BoysAndGirlsClubDayForKids
Find and register events at Day for Kids. Or branch out on your own and try a few of these fun activities:
- Build and then fly a kite.
- For an adventure in exploring, try geocaching.
- Collect fallen leaves and create an artistic collage.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter. Learn to walk and groom the animals.
- Create one-of-a-kind stepping stones with plaster of Paris and colorful beads.
- Make paper planes and have a contest to see which ones fly the farthest.
- Use sidewalk chalk to create artistic masterpieces.
- Play basketball, miniature golf, sand volleyball, bowling, badminton, soccer, baseball, Wiffle ball, kickball or any number of athletic games.
- Skip stones at a pond or river while going fishing.
- Break out the board games and have a tournament.
- Go for a hike. Enjoy the beautiful fall weather.
- Tie dye t-shirts or handkerchiefs.
- Visit a museum and explore history.
- Go to the library and check out a book or old movie.
- Write a short story together.
Use #BoysAndGirlsClubDayForKids to post on social media.
BOYS AND CLUB DAY FOR KIDS HISTORY
The Boys’ and Girls’ Club of America is working to establish a day in The United States dedicated to just kids. Visit the Boys’ and Girls’ Club Day website to join the initiative.
17 September 2022
16 September 2023
21 September 2024
20 September 2025
19 September 2026
18 September 2027
16 September 2028
15 September 2029
21 September 2030
20 September 2031