Name: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep: 1 day 10 minutes
Bake: 9 minutes per batch
Rest: 15 minutes
Total Prep: 1 day 34 minutes
Servings: 9 cookies
80 g white sugar
80 g brown sugar
100 g salted butter softened at room temperature
1 whole egg
3.5 g baking powder
225 g dark chocolate use your favourite dark chocolate
Maldon sea salt fleur de sel, or any big sea salt
170 g all-purpose flour sifted
- Cut the chocolate into big chunks with a bread knife and reserve in a bowl.
- Measure out the rest of the ingredients. Mix the flour and baking soda with a whisk in one bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on the paddle attachment until it begins to lighten slightly but not too much, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix until just incorporated. With a spatula mix the flour and baking soda in and mix. Add the chocolate chunks and mix. Make sure all the flour is properly mixed in and no flour is left at the bottom of the bowl. Cover the top of the cookie dough with plastic wrap and let sit overnight in the fridge.
- The next day set your oven to 200°C/400°F (190°C/375°F if you have a good quality oven with convection). Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Weigh out 75g balls of cookie dough and set on the tray with enough space in between. Sprinkle one or two flakes of that beautiful Maldon salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 9:30 minutes (that is the sweet-spot on my oven but your oven might be a little different). Once you see the cookies develop a nice golden brown colour then pull them out right away. Let them stand on the tray for 10-15 minutes. (YES you do need to wait 10 minutes more! Don’t skip this step!)
Visit the National Day Calendar recipe pages for more delicious ways to Celebrate Every Day!
The Canuck Chef in the Netherlands submitted this recipe. Check out the website DevonCameron.com to read more about this fresh from the oven recipe.
Recommended Side Dishes: