Here is a list of the events happening across the country to celebrate the day “Doc” Brown and Marty McFly and the time traveling Delorian appear. Part two of the movie trilogy “Back to the Future” takes place on October 21, 2015.
- Ride-hailing service Lyft is offering free DeLorean rides Wednesday, October 21st in New York City to celebrate Back to the Future Day
- Pepsi Perfect, the drink featured in the movie, will be officially available for purchase on the 21st, but only in limited quantities: The special-edition 16.9 oz. bottles will be sold in the U.S. for $20.15. 6,500 lucky people will be able to order the limited-edition bottle on Pepsi’s website.
- Between the dates of October 21 -26, customers will be able to visit the “Build and Price” page for either a 2016 Ford Focus or Fiesta. During the customization process, they will be given the option to add a flux capacitor — powered fully by 1.21 gigaWatts — to the vehicle in question. Priced at only $1,219,390, the flux capacitor is the focal point of your brand new time traveling machine.
- Many movie theaters are playing the movie the evening of October 21st. Enjoy the movie again on a big screen. Check your local movie listings for times and locations.
- Take a vacation to “Hill Valley” aka Reston, Virginia. It’s a Washington, D.C., suburb that has changed it’s name to “Hill Valley”. The temporary name change comes thanks to the Washington West International Film Festival, which will air a 30th anniversary screening of “Back to the Future Part II” with actor Christopher Lloyd and screenwriter Bob Gale in attendance.
- Watch the Chicago Cubs in the playoffs. In the movie, the Chicago Cubs win the World Series in 2015. As unlikely as it is for the prediction to come true, they are currently playing the New York Mets to determine who will be in the World Series.