NATIONAL TEQUILA DAY
Are you ready for July 24, 2013? It is the annual celebration of National Tequila Day.
- Tequila is a distilled beverage which is made from the blue agave plant.
- Made primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, 40 miles Northwest of Guadalajara and in the highlands (Los Altos) of the western Mexican state of Jalisco.
- More than 300 million blue agave plants are harvested in that surrounding region each year.
- Agave tequila grows differently depending on the region.
- Blue Agave – grown in the highlands region – larger in size and sweeter in aroma and taste.
- Agave – grown in the lowland region – have more herbaceous fragrance and flavor.
- Mexican law states that tequila can be produced only in the state of Jalisco and limited regions in the states of Guanajuato, Michoacan, Nayarit and Tamaulipas.
- Mexico is granted international right to the word “tequila”.
- Bulk amounts can be shipped to be bottled in the United States.
- Tequila is normally made at 38-40 % alcohol content but can be produced between 31-55 % alcohol content.
- Don Cenobio Sauza, founder of Sauza Tequila and Municipal President of the Village of Tequila from 1884-1885, was the first to export tequila to the United States.
- The Consejo Regulador del Tequila (Tequila Regulatory Council) in 2008, reported 901 registered brands of tequila from 128 different producers.
CHEERS! HAPPY NATIONAL TEQUILA DAY!
NATIONAL TEQUILA DAY HISTORY
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and the origin of National Tequila Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
NATIONAL AMELIA EARHART DAY
Each year on July 24, it is National Amelia Earhart Day. This day honors the famous aviation pioneer, Amelia Earhart and celebrates her birth.
Author and American aviation pioneer, Amelia Mary Earhart was born on July 24, 1897. Earhart was the first female pilot (aviatrix) to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. For this flight record, she received the Unites States Distinguished Flying Cross.
- She received many other records
- She wrote best-selling books about her flying experiences
- She was instrumental in the formation of The Ninety-Nines (an organization for female pilots)
- She joined the Purdue University aviation department faculty in 1935 as a visiting faculty member to counsel women on careers and help to inspire others with her love for aviation.
- She was a member of the National Woman’s Party
- She was a supporter of the Equal Rights Amendment
Amelia Earhart disappeared in July of 1937, over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island, during an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra.
“Fascination with her life, career and disappearance continues to this day.”
Celebrate National Amelia Earhart Day by researching and reading more about this famous female aviator.
NATIONAL AMELIA EARHART DAY HISTORY
We know that this day commemorates the birth date of Amelia Earhart of July 24, 1897 however, our research was unable to find the creator of National Amelia Earhart Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
NATIONAL COUSIN’S DAY
National Cousin’s Day is celebrated each year on July 24. This day is a day to let all of your cousins, those both near and far, how much you appreciate them.
Cousins often spend much time together at family reunions, holidays, birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries and many other countless family get together’s. They entertain each other, play and bond while adults are busy with other things. It does happen that cousins grow up together being the best of friends.
Today, call your cousins, send a card, send an email, text them, some how find a way to let them know that you are thinking about them and that they are special to you! Happy Cousin’s Day!
NATIONAL COUSIN’S DAY HISTORY
We were unable to locate the creator and the origin of National Cousin’s Day, an “unofficial” national day.
NATIONAL DRIVE-THRU DAY
Annually celebrated on July 24, it is National Drive-Thru Day.
Did you know there are more than 211,000 fast food restaurants in the United States?
The drive-thru format was pioneered in the United States in the 1930’s.
Hamburgers sold for just 18 cents at some of the first drive-thru restaurants.
Today it is not just restaurants that have drive-thru’s, there are banks, pharmacy’s, liquor stores, post offices, coffee shops, dry cleaners and even wedding chapels.
Enjoy National Drive-Thru Day in all the drive-thru’s that you utilize!
NATIONAL DRIVE-THRU DAY HISTORY
America’s first drive-thru burger chain, Jack in the Box, created National Drive-Thru Day, an “unofficial” national holiday, to celebrate America’s love of convenience by vehicle.